1. Many are they whom the LORD has delivered from the pitfalls of love of money by never having permitted their finacial plans to materialize.
(Downcast because you had hopes of greater income, promotion, winning the lottery? You may not have considered that keeping you at the financial level you are at now or removing some of your finances might actually be a blessing and a protection.)
2. Many are they whom He has saved from the snares of vanity by having withheld from them both beauty and charm.
(Remember how Lucifer was beautiful as an angel and how far he fell with pride? Just a thought. Imagine that when we get to Heaven and discover that our inner beauty and holy charm are beyond our abilities handle humbly while on earth in a fallen sin state. We get too easily pumped up with pride.)
3. And many are they whom the LORD has kept from the lust of power and from the toil of partisanship by never having allowed them to acquire the influence they sought. They were kept down all the time. By doing this they were prevented from growing away from the LORD.
4. If you see bitter experiences in your life and difficulties...these are actually blessings. These are ways God is dealing with you kindly, keeping you away from prides and closer to Himself.
5. Pray that in your suffering not only that you may hold out thru it, but you may see God in them.
Any comments? Very interesting faith thoughts arent't they?